We did not have a meeting yesterday as we did not have a speaker for the day so apologies for all those who were siked up.
We need to have more people actively participating in skunkworks for its objectives to be met - it's community. From the reactions at BarCampKenya - there is lots of stuff that we can learn from each other, and several projects that can be done.
I propose that people sign up for topics that they can / would like to present. We really haven't scratched the surface on what this group can do.
Current Discussion Topics & 'Facilitators'
- 8th May 2007: Mugambi (VST Studios) - Java and Jahazi
- Michael Kamunge (JKUAT) - Presents his final year project - smart card based (will confirm the exact topic and date) - Mike will confirm when he can do this
- John Maina on System Audit (please confirm
- Local (Linux) Distribution on BitTorrent - Riyaz?
- local content and locally hosted forums - osskenya.org - to confirm
- Joseph Wamicha - Web Video Streaming
Upcoming ( this is where you add yourself as a presenter, add a topic you'd like talked about)
- Web Development - using PHP
- Web Development - using Ruby on Rails
- Web Development - on a .NET Platform
- Linux - Comparison of Linux Distributions
- Linux - Is Linux Ready for the Common Mwananchi?
- Local Content - Setting up a weekly podcast
- Local Content - Blogging Server
- Local Content - Locally Hosted Forums
- Local Content - Wiki
- Local Content - Techie Directory
- Communications - WiMax
- Communications - WiFi WarDriving
- Community - Kenyanized GeekCorps
- Asterix (Parts I to III)
- Laban Mwangi & Robert (www.penguinlabs.co.ke) - on FOSS Systems Software & Application Dev (Next Week - 24th April)