Tuesday, May 1, 2007

OpenWRT

I recently got hold of a Linksys WRT54GL

First order of business :) ---> Flashed it and put in OpenWRT

Downloaded the corresponding White Russian image from http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/newest/default and used the routers web interface to perform a firmware upgrade.

I had performed some previous configurations with the official firmware and the configurations remained intact except from the administration password now with user root.

I installed the NAS package afterwards so as to use WPA

I then came across WebIf - part of the X-WRT extensions - package has a pretty nifty web interface.

I installed WebIf by adding on the package via the web interface

(too easy so far)

The White Russian image comes with SSH server and so many packages available, I don't know when to start

I'm still hacking abit here and there.. But so far so good.

No comments: